From the City of Greenville:
In order to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 virus to the citizens of Greenville, the City Council along with the City Manager, have extended the plan to include the following:
1. Civic Center – closed to all events until May 15, 2020.
2. Greenville Municipal Auditorium – closed to any events until May 15, 2020.
1. Airport – terminal will be open, no group meetings or room rentals will be scheduled until after May 15, 2020 and extra cleaning precautions will be taken.
2. Annex (Community Development and Public Works) – open for business on May 4, 2020 but will only bring customers in one at a time to the main building, they will meet in the conference room only, continue with conference calls for pre-app meetings, will hold P&Z Meeting on May 18, via videoconference, all public works crews will be back to normal schedule, and Service Center to remain closed but public will be allowed in by appointment.
3. Animal Shelter – beginning May 4, 2020 shelter will open for appointments only from Monday-Friday 9 am-4:30 pm, staff will continue to pick up animals on calls for service, adoptions will be set up by appointment 30 minutes apart, drop offs will be by appointment 15 minutes apart, owner reclaims will be set up by appointment, and rescues will continue to
email for appointments.
4. Library – curbside service will begin May 4, 2020, implement front entrance pick up, room rentals cancelled until May 15, 2020, assistance by phone and email during normal operating hours, accept returns through the outside receptacle (island receptacle will be closed), continue to provide digital resources and children’s programming through social media and
5. Municipal Building – front doors to be locked until May 15, 2020, employees will be able to make appointments with HR, public will be able to make appointments with Parks and Recreation, City Manager, HR, Finance, City Secretary, Main Street, and GMA/CVB.
6. Parks and Recreation- park amenities that will be closed are playgrounds, pavilions, restrooms, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and Reecy Davis Recreation Center; all scheduled programs, activities, and events are cancelled until after May 15, 2020, Wright Park Golf Course will open with hours of 8am-8pm, pro-shop will remain closed, accept electronic payments, sell merchandise and concessions through the window, 1-person per cart unless live in same household , no more than 4 players per group, open space parks and trails remain open with CDC guidelines being followed, disc golf course will open, and tennis courts will open.
7. Police Department and Courts – jail will be closed unless necessary, Warrant Round-Up will be delayed until further notice, records window will open May 4, 2020, court taking online or over the phone payments, exchanging documents at the door if needed, no court being held until after May 15, 2020
8. Fire Administration – front doors will be locked until May 15, 2020, available by appointment only meetings: All meetings will be conducted as scheduled using teleconferencing or video conferencing where applicable until May 15, 2020.
Meetings: All meetings will be conducted as scheduled using teleconferencing or video conferencing where applicable until May 15, 2020.